Skip to main content

Fifth Harmony Star Quits Twitter After Being Racially Abused



In a letter explaining her decision, Kordei, 20, said she had been flooded with hate after she was supposedly too slow to praise bandmate Camila Cabello in an interview.
Kordei was asked during the interview what she perceived to bE Cabello’s “best quality,” but instead of responding instantly, she paused to think about her answer.
That pause led many of Cabello’s fans to take to Twitter and post the most offensive images they possibly could, including one of Kordei’s head Photoshopped onto the body of a lynched black woman
The girl group was formed on the second season of the American X Factor and has enjoyed mainstream success, but with the accolades has come plenty of drama.
“Over the past four years of being in the public eye I’ve learned to grow a thick skin to critics and those who may not like me,” Kordei wrote.
“I’ve never been one to deny anyone of their opinions, but over the course of this last week and especially over the last 48 hours I’ve not just been cyber bullied, I’ve been racially cyberbullied with tweets and pictures so horrific and racially charged that I can’t subject myself any longer to the hate.”
“I’m not the first black female celebrity to deal with this and I’m sure I won’t be the last.”
Kordei addressed her haters directly and called them out.
“I want to take this moment to say Love goes much further than hate in this world. Hiding behind a computer and putting people down, especially for the color of their skin doesn’t make you cool, it makes you a coward!”
Support for the pop star flooded in, including from Disney actress Zendaya. The young star tweeted: “Stay strong baby girl, so much love for you.”
Fans tried to keep things positive, with the hashtags #WeLoveYouNormani and #IStandWithNormani accompanied by photos and kind words for the singer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ludacris' oldest daughter celebrates 16th birthday with lovely party (photos)

Rapper Ludacris' daughter Karma celebrated her 16th birthday over the weekend and her parents threw her a lovely party...she's pictured above with her mum

Building collapses in Owerri

A building collapsed at the early hours of Sunday at about  3am  at Egbu road just opposite the police station at Fire Service in Owerri. According to reports about 6 people were rescued alive while about 4 people are feared dead. I have videos of were dead bodies are been pulled out. The governor came around to inspect the Collapsed Building and he directed that the old building beside it with a green roof should be demolished also because it's owned by same owner of the Collapsed Building since that same building has already been marked by OCDA as a building dat wud also collapsed soon. From what I saw, the materials used in constructing the building wasn't upto to standard. No chippings rather it was local stones that was used. It was also reported that the building was suppose to be 2 storey but was but out of Greed it was made 3 storey. My name is Kelly Bobor incase u want further information.

Chris Brown slides into Rihanna's comments after she shared this sexy photo

Singer, Rihanna who is currently in her hometown, Barbados for the Crop Over Festival shared this sexy photo of herself at the event. Her ex and singer, Chris Brown couldn't help but to drop a comment. See that below..